Friday, 1 February 2013


Work is progressing on the Tartaros Terminators and the bases are all but done!

I used a recipe I found in the latest edition of How To Paint Citadel Miniatures. This was the first time I've had a chance to use the new Citadel texture paints. They require a bit of extra work as I had to apply two layers but I was quite please with the results! 

I was also really happy with how the skeleton cames out! I was worried about it overpowering the rest of the model but I think it fits in perfectly!

I wasn't so happy with how the Aquila came on the other hand. The idea was that it was supposed to be a gold icon with heavy verdigris but hasn't come out as I'd like. I had to deviate from the recipe I had as I'd missed out a paint in my last order and so I'll probably find myself repainting it at some point. If anyone has a good recipe for painting verdigris let me know!

Finally you'll have noticed that I havent applied the tufts that came with the basing kit. After test fitting a few I decided I wanted the bases to look a bit more barren and so I'll most likely be using Citadels dead grass instead. Tempted to try my hand at making my own tufts, well see!

Thanks for stopping by, until next time!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...